- Alford Town Offices
- Departments & Services
- E-Mail Us
- Latest News
- Meetings and Elections
- About Our Town
Posted in Broadband Committee on July 28, 2015
There will be an information session on August 8th 2015 at 10 am at the Alford Town Hall concerning the broadband project and the upcoming special town meeting to vote for it’s funding.
Posted in Highway Department on July 27, 2015
Our Highway Superintendent Monty Green has announced that there will be delays on Mountain Road for road repairs on July 28th and the 29th. Please drive safely.
There will be a Special Town Meeting held at the Alford Fire Station on Monday, August 10, 2015 at 7:00 P.M. to vote on the following Article:
ARTICLE I. To see if the Town will vote to appropriate a sum of money of up to One Million Six Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,600,000) for the Town’s cost of the construction, installation and start-up of a high speed broadband network, including the payment of all costs incidental or related thereto, such project to be carried out by the Town’s Municipal Light Plant; and to determine whether this appropriation shall be raised by borrowing or otherwise.. Any borrowing pursuant to this vote shall be amortized over a period of years, not exceeding 20, such that the cost of repaying principal and interest on any such borrowing shall not exceed One Hundred Twenty Thousand Dollars ($120,000) in any fiscal year. Or to see if the Town will vote to take any other action relative thereto.
Posted in News on July 21, 2015
- Pythagoras Theatre Works June-August Various – check local listings
- Berkshire Playwright Lab – Staged Readings July – August Various – check local listings
- Edible Perennial Gardening Talk – by John Root July 17th 6:30pm Egremont Town Hall
- Berkshire Ukelele Band – Weekly classes Tuesdays 6:30-8:30 Berkshire South Regional Community Center
- Berkshire Summer Strings – July 13 – 18 – All day French Park, Egremont
- Friends of Egremont History – 1865 Basket Picnic July 19th South Egremont Village Center
- Music in Common – FOD-fest (Friends of Daniel Pearl) October 3 – Time TBD Butternut
- Free Messiah Sing Along Saturday before First Congregational Church, Great Barrington Thanksgiving – Time TBD
Contact the Cultural Council for more information on these and upcoming cultural events.
Posted in News on July 16, 2015
A recent article in the Berkshire Eagle mentioned that Great Barrington Selectmen have finally approved plans to “renovate a 3.57-mile stretch of the roadway, from Castle Street to the Alford town line.” It’s interesting to note that this roadwork “had initially been approved at town meeting a few years ago, and is expected to go out to bid within the next couple of weeks.” I’m sure that all of us Alford residents can agree that these much-needed road repairs are at least a decade past due; but as the old saying goes… better late than never, Great Barrington!
Sincerely, Arthur Dellea